Please find below the relevant University Council Resolutions, as approved in its 11th Regular Meeting on 2020 July 15.
UPDATE as of 2021 June 2
Per OVPAA Memo 2021-19A,
“2. On the weighted grade average
a. Given the circumstances of the Second Semester AY 2019-2020 i.e., the University’s shift to remote learning without much preparation due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the end of classes on 30 April 2020, numerical grades earned in that semester are not for inclusion in the computation of the weighted grade average.”
OVPAA Memo 2021-19A supersedes Resolution #2.
No more appeals for inclusion of the Second Semester AY 2019-2020 grades in the computation of the GWA will be entertained.
All other resolutions apply.
- The exclusion of the AY 2019 2020 Second Semester (Undergraduate, MSCS, MSES) and Third Trimester (MBA) grades in the computation of the GWA (General Weighted Average), with a notation in the Transcript of Records for such.
- To allow students to appeal, in meritorious cases, for the inclusion of ALL of his/her grades, previously excluded due to COVID 19, in the GWA.
- for students to appeal for the inclusion of ALL of her/his grades, previously excluded due to COVID 19, in the GWA – 2021 June 7
- for the faculty’s submission of equivalent numeric grades of the Pass grade submissions – 2021 July 7
- for students to request for a numeric grade from a “Pass” grade – in perpetuity
- Suspend the awarding of honorific scholars (College and University Scholars) for the Second Semester AY 2019-2020 and Third Trimester AY 2019-2020