83rd Commencement Exercises, 2022
|July 28, Thu||9:00 am||AM Rehearsal|
|2:00 pm||PM Rehearsal|
|July 29, Fri||8:30 am||Baccalaureate Mass (Performing Arts Hall) and
Ecumenical Service (Arts and Science Hall)
|1:30 pm||Assembly Time
Things to Remember
- During rehearsals, please bring your sablay, so you can practice the shifting from the right shoulder to the left.
- The dress code is discussed below. Required attire is worn with the UP Sablay.
- Two guests, per graduating student, will be provided with a ribbon to be pinned on their chest to identify them. The ribboned guests are allotted seats during the commencement exercises.
- Graduating students who cannot attend the rehearsal and graduation due to work-related, school-related or health reasons should inform the Office of the University Registrar in writing (email or printed).
Even if you are not able to attend the graduation, and if you have submitted your consent, your name will still be displayed and called during the ceremony.
- Graduating students are advised to take a heavy meal before the graduation ceremony.
- Assembly time for the program is 1:30 PM, 2022 July 29, Friday, in front of the Administration Building.
- Processional starts at 2:00 PM.
- Once the processional starts, no candidate should break the line to attend to other matters.
- To ensure the solemnity of the ceremony and avoid overcrowding, family or friends who wish to take pictures of the graduating student should stay in the designated area.
Two guests, per graduating student, will be provided with a ribbon to be pinned on their chest to identify them. The ribboned guests are allotted seats during the commencement exercises. (Ribbons will be provided during rehearsals.)
Vaccination cards are not required for the graduate and their two ribboned guests.
The campus is open for vaccinated guests, other than the graduate and the parents.
Additional guests will have to show their vaccination cards upon entry.
Additional guests will not be provided with assured seats at the main ceremony area.
Please download the StaySafe app on your mobile phones, for you and for all your guests.
Each attendee will be asked to scan the UP Cebu QR Code upon entry.
Register your details ahead to facilitate entry. Please refer to this StaySafe Guide.
For contingency, in case you have difficulties with the StaySafe app, you may print and fill out the contact tracing form instead.
Wearing of face masks at all times during the ceremony, is required.
Viewing Areas with LED Screens
- Parking Area in between the TIC Building and the College of Science building, where the old canteen used to be
- Amphitheatre at the Undergraduate Building
- AS Hall
The Commencement Exercises is a recognition of the accomplishment of the student and of all the people who supported her or him along the way. Graduating students give honor to everyone by respecting the ceremony.
Photo Submission for Online Virtual Ceremony and/or Live Streaming
You may submit your graduation photo here, if you have not yet done so —
UP Cebu Graduation Photo Dropbox.
- at least 2.5″ x 3.5″ in size
- at least 300 dpi print resolution
- preferably wearing the Sablay
- if photo is with the Sablay, then the Sablay should be on the left shoulder to indicate “graduated” status
What to Wear with the Sablay
[as approved at 1315th BOR Meeting on 2016 February 26]
Click here to view the animated version on how to shift the Sablay.