The Chancellor has approved the extension of enrollment for the First Semester AY 2020-2021 and M.Ed. First Trimester AY 2020-2021 until Friday next week, September 18.
OVPAA Memorandum No. 2020-97
From the Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs
This is to inform you of the following rules affected by remote learning in the First Semester AY 2020-2021:
- To enable students to add course after the period of registration, change of matriculation will be allowed from 10 – 14 September 2020. Students are strongly encouraged to have a final schedule on the start of classes, 10 September 2020, due to the logistics of remote learning.
- For coupled courses, such as those having lecture and laboratory component in one course, grades may be deferred if one of the components is going to be delivered in the Second Semester AY 2020-2021.
For your guidance please.
OVPAA Memorandum No. 2020-102
As we welcome the coming Academic Year 2020-2021, we would like to invite all UP students to an online welcome ceremony on 9 September 2020, 9 to 11 AM.
Please disseminate the following information and the attached flyer to all students.
What: Online Welcome Ceremony for UP Students
When: 9 September 2020
Time: 9 – 11 AM
Registration link: http://bit.ly/Students-Welcome-Webinar
YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/FOD5RbUMfN0
The Offices of the College Secretary (OCS) have their own Online Request Slip for True Copy of Grades (TCG) and Certifications.
Those who have submitted their request previously via the separate OUR Request Slip need not resubmit. Your request was already forwarded to the OCS of your college.
Please visit http://our.upcebu.edu.ph/flowsandforms/ for the link.
SUSPENDED ACADEMIC RULES AND PROCESSES IN THE FIRST SEMESTER AY 2020-2021
As per Memorandum No. OVPAA 2020-92, dated 2020 August 20, please take note of the following academic rules and processes that have been suspended:
- There will be no change of matriculation in the First Semester AY 2020-2021 due to the logistics of remote learning.
- The deadline for dropping and filing of leave of absence is suspended.
- A 12-unit course load will be considered a regular load.
- Off-hour rates for teaching are suspended.
- The First Semester AY 2020-2021 will not be counted towards MRR.
(Note: Because it is the first time for students to do remote learning and they will still calibrate the course load that they can manage, especially for graduate students who are working from home and for other students who have a workload outside of their school work)
Clarification on #3.
Students may take on a course load of more than 12 units. But should a student opt to have a 12-unit load, then their laude honor prospects will not be affected.
i.e. UP Code Art. 414. “Students who are candidates for graduation with honors must have taken during each semester not less than fifteen units of credit or the normal load prescribed in the curriculum…”
(The 15-unit requirement is now lowered to 12 for the First Semester AY 2020-2021 only.)
Attention: First Year Students
Your UP Mail Account credentials have been sent to you.
Please check your personal emails for your username and temporary password.
We are working hard to serve you, albeit unseen.
Please find below the guide for online enrollment, for both New and Continuing Students (undergraduate and graduate).
(For undergraduate, check here as well.)
Online confirmation or appeal to UP Cebu now open for UPCAT 2020 takers.
Please fill out the Online Form for Confirmation or Appeal to UP Cebu on or before 2020 July 24, Friday.
You may also visit https://our.upcebu.edu.ph/upcat-2020/ for more information.
For all UPCAT 2020 takers:
Please go to the UPCAT main website https://upcat.up.edu.ph to view your application status. Carefully read the instructions on how to view your application results.
If you received an offer for admission, you are required to reply starting 2020 June 3 until June 30.
Replies to the offer after the deadline will no longer be considered.