OVPAA Memorandum No. 2020-102
As we welcome the coming Academic Year 2020-2021, we would like to invite all UP students to an online welcome ceremony on 9 September 2020, 9 to 11 AM.
Please disseminate the following information and the attached flyer to all students.
What: Online Welcome Ceremony for UP Students
When: 9 September 2020
Time: 9 – 11 AM
Registration link: http://bit.ly/Students-Welcome-Webinar
YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/FOD5RbUMfN0
The Offices of the College Secretary (OCS) have their own Online Request Slip for True Copy of Grades (TCG) and Certifications.
Those who have submitted their request previously via the separate OUR Request Slip need not resubmit. Your request was already forwarded to the OCS of your college.
Please visit http://our.upcebu.edu.ph/flowsandforms/ for the link.
Please find below the relevant University Council Resolutions, as approved in its 11th Regular Meeting on 2020 July 15.
UPDATE as of 2021 June 2
Per OVPAA Memo 2021-19A,
“2. On the weighted grade average
a. Given the circumstances of the Second Semester AY 2019-2020 i.e., the University’s shift to remote learning without much preparation due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the end of classes on 30 April 2020, numerical grades earned in that semester are not for inclusion in the computation of the weighted grade average.”
OVPAA Memo 2021-19A supersedes Resolution #2.
No more appeals for inclusion of the Second Semester AY 2019-2020 grades in the computation of the GWA will be entertained.
All other resolutions apply.
- The exclusion of the AY 2019 2020 Second Semester (Undergraduate, MSCS, MSES) and Third Trimester (MBA) grades in the computation of the GWA (General Weighted Average), with a notation in the Transcript of Records for such.
- To allow students to appeal, in meritorious cases, for the inclusion of ALL of his/her grades, previously excluded due to COVID 19, in the GWA.
- for students to appeal for the inclusion of ALL of her/his grades, previously excluded due to COVID 19, in the GWA – 2021 June 7
- for the faculty’s submission of equivalent numeric grades of the Pass grade submissions – 2021 July 7
- for students to request for a numeric grade from a “Pass” grade – in perpetuity
- Suspend the awarding of honorific scholars (College and University Scholars) for the Second Semester AY 2019-2020 and Third Trimester AY 2019-2020
SUSPENDED ACADEMIC RULES AND PROCESSES IN THE FIRST SEMESTER AY 2020-2021
As per Memorandum No. OVPAA 2020-92, dated 2020 August 20, please take note of the following academic rules and processes that have been suspended:
- There will be no change of matriculation in the First Semester AY 2020-2021 due to the logistics of remote learning.
- The deadline for dropping and filing of leave of absence is suspended.
- A 12-unit course load will be considered a regular load.
- Off-hour rates for teaching are suspended.
- The First Semester AY 2020-2021 will not be counted towards MRR.
(Note: Because it is the first time for students to do remote learning and they will still calibrate the course load that they can manage, especially for graduate students who are working from home and for other students who have a workload outside of their school work)
Clarification on #3.
Students may take on a course load of more than 12 units. But should a student opt to have a 12-unit load, then their laude honor prospects will not be affected.
i.e. UP Code Art. 414. “Students who are candidates for graduation with honors must have taken during each semester not less than fifteen units of credit or the normal load prescribed in the curriculum…”
(The 15-unit requirement is now lowered to 12 for the First Semester AY 2020-2021 only.)
Attention: First Year Students
Your UP Mail Account credentials have been sent to you.
Please check your personal emails for your username and temporary password.
We are working hard to serve you, albeit unseen.
Please find below the guide for online enrollment, for both New and Continuing Students (undergraduate and graduate).
(For undergraduate, check here as well.)
Online confirmation or appeal to UP Cebu now open for UPCAT 2020 takers.
Please fill out the Online Form for Confirmation or Appeal to UP Cebu on or before 2020 July 24, Friday.
You may also visit https://our.upcebu.edu.ph/upcat-2020/ for more information.
For all UPCAT 2020 takers:
Please go to the UPCAT main website https://upcat.up.edu.ph to view your application status. Carefully read the instructions on how to view your application results.
If you received an offer for admission, you are required to reply starting 2020 June 3 until June 30.
Replies to the offer after the deadline will no longer be considered.
The online link for CONFIRMATION of UP Cebu Qualifiers and APPEALS to UP Cebu campus will be made available starting 2020 July 6, Monday until July 30, Thursday.
Please visit https://our.upcebu.edu.ph/upcat-2020/ for more details.
Meantime, please make sure you reserve your slot in the University of the Philippines by accepting your offer of admission.
To complete the admissions process, you are required to reply to the UP Admissions Offer starting 2020 June 3 until the deadline on 2020 June 30. Replies after June 30, 2020 will no longer be considered.
After confirming at the System level, you need to confirm again at the Campus Level for UP Cebu or in your Campus of Choice.
- To confirm your enrollment or non-enrollment in the University of the Philippines Cebu; or
- To appeal for admission to the University of the Philippines Cebu as UPCAT qualifier from another campus; or
- To appeal for admission to the University of the Philippines Cebu as non-qualifier with UPG of 2.700 or better
In view of community protocols on COVID-19, all requests* from the OUR will now be transacted online via https://bit.ly/2QjbfVq.
Every Thursday, 9:00am – 11:00am, 1:00pm – 3:00pm.
*transcript of records, certifications, authentication, verification, honorable dismissal, permit to transfer