Please check out the new UP Cebu Calendar for academic schedules, deadlines, events, holidays, and student activities.
22 August 2017
SUBJECT : Implementation of PDLC Memorandum No. 17-21B
To aid in the implementation of PDLC Memo No. 17-21B and OVPAA & OVPPF Joint Memorandum No. 1, these processes will be followed for UP Cebu.
Students who do not qualify (based on PDLC 17-21B #1a, b, c) and are no longer eligible to enjoy the privilege of free tuition and other fees, may still, however, apply for financial assistance, or discount under the University’s Socialized Tuition System. They will proceed with the enrollment as usual, and pay tuition and other fees on or before Friday, 25 August 2017.
For your guidance.
ATTY. LIZA D. CORRO
Click here for the UP Cebu Refund or Voluntary Opt Out Form.
Memo PDLC-17-21A, dated 31 July 2017, states:
- A student desiring to avail of the tuition subsidy or financial support has to submit a duly accomplished application form together with the required supporting documents. Pending decision on his application, his enrollment shall be processed until assessment of all payable tuition and other fees. Decision on his application shall be released days before 25 August 2017.
- For graduate students and non-applicants for subsidy or financial support, their enrollment shall be processed and they may pay the assessed tuition and other fees immediately.
- Deadline for payment of tuition and other fees shall be on 25 August 2017.
Pursuant to Memo PDLC-17-21A, the following updated guidelines shall be observed during the registration period for Undergraduate Students, and applies only for this semester’s enrollment.
|Option A: Enlist and validate courses, but assessment and payment will be done only when SFA results have been released.||Deadline for payment of tuition and other fees shall be on 25 August 2017. (Memo PDLC-17-21A)|
|Option B: Avail of a student loan, pay ₱46.50, and complete the enrollment process. Form 5/eOR will be issued.||Interest shall be waived on loans which are paid within four (4) months. (1294th BOR Meeting on 13 December 2013)|
|Proceed with the enrollment as usual, and pay tuition and other fees within the registration period.||During the registration period.|
For your information and guidance.
Enrollment for First Semester AY 2017-2018 will proceed as scheduled from July 31, Monday, to August 4, Friday.
The following guidelines shall be observed during the registration period for Undergraduate Students, and applies only for this semester’s enrollment.
- Students who applied to the Student Financial Assistance (SFA) program (for Free Tuition and/or Socialized Tuition) will be asked to apply for a student loan and only pay the ₱46.50 student fund to complete the student’s registration and be reflected as fully enrolled in SAIS.
SFA application results are expected to be released no earlier than August 4, Friday. The loan amount, thereafter, will be reassessed and students will have to pay only the tuition corresponding to their SFA classification.
Loans paid within the four (4) month period from enrollment will not bear any interest.
- Students who did not apply to the SFA will proceed with the enrollment as usual. They may pay their tuition and other fees within the registration period.
For your information and guidance.
As agreed in the meeting with the Chancellor, Vice-Chancellors, University Registrar, Office of Student Affairs, Accounting Office, Cash Office, and the Student Council on Friday, 28 July 2017, 8:00am, this will be the Flow of Enrollment for the First Semester AY 2017-2018, for all Undergraduate Students.
Please be guided accordingly.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR PROCESSING STUDENT LOAN APPLICATIONS
(APPLICABLE ONLY FOR THE FIRST SEMESTER, AY 2017-2018)
- Accomplish the Student Loan Application Form, in three (3) copies. Please fill up ALL the information required. Write legibly.
- Total assessed fees will be the basis for the computation of the loanable amount.
- Have it signed by your co-debtor or guarantor. Attach a photocopy of your co-debtor’s valid ID with signature. Acceptable co-debtors are parents and relatives of the students. The spouse of married student is an acceptable co-debtor.
- Co-debtorship should not exceed three (3) students at a time. Co-debtors should read carefully the promissory note to acquaint him/her with the obligation he/she contracted.
- Submit SLA Forms to the OSA Coordinator/Guidance Services Specialists (GSS) for checking of attached documents and for approval.
- Submit Approved SLA Form, with attachments, and your Form 5A to the SLA Posting Staff at OSA for adjustment of school fees to be paid.
- Proceed to the Cash Office and pay corresponding amount.
- Proceed with enrollment.
Appeals for readmission for First Semester AY 2017-2018 has been extended until Wednesday, 26 July 2017.
For all undergraduate, MS Computer Science, MS Environmental Studies, and Master of Education students.
Please visit http://our.upcebu.edu.ph/flowsandforms/#readmission, for more details on the process and to download the form.