Welcome to the University of the Philippines Cebu
Freshman Confirmation for Academic Year 2019-2020
STEP 1. Confirm in UP
FIRST CONFIRMATION to keep your offer (UP System) and be part of the UP community
Please note that you are required to ACCEPT the OFFER FOR ADMISSION TO THE UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES STARTING 2019 APRIL 7, SUNDAY, UNTIL 2019 APRIL 14, SUNDAY, ONLY.
If you decline or do not reply to the offer by the deadline, your slot will be forfeited. Please follow the instructions below carefully.
Step 2. Confirm in UP CEBU
SECOND CONFIRMATION for UP Cebu or in your Campus of Choice
- To confirm your enrollment or non-enrollment in the University of the Philippines Cebu
- To appeal for admission to the University of the Philippines Cebu as UPCAT qualifier from another campus
- To appeal for admission to the University of the Philippines Cebu as non-qualifier with UPG of 2.700 or better
Please fill out the Online Form for Confirmation or Appeal to UP Cebu by clicking on the link.
Link will be available starting May 6, Monday.
Please confirm on or before 2019 May 31.
- The link above is for confirmations and appeals to UP Cebu ONLY. Successful applicants intending to apply in other UP units or campuses may contact the concerned campus directly (see links below).
- Students who confirm their slot with the degree program as indicated in their Letter of Admissions Offer may start submitting their requirements, including their UPCAT Admissions Notice, to the Office of the University Registrar (OUR) even prior to the Advance Registration period.
- For qualifiers from other UP units and for non-qualifiers who have UPGs that are 2.8 or better, click here for guidelines.
- Requests for UPG will not be entertained.
Click on the links for Admission Information and for a Primer on Student Services in other UP Campuses
- UP CEBU – Admissions , Primer
- UP Baguio – Admissions , Primer
- UP Diliman – Admissions , Guide , Primer
- UP Los Baños – Admissions , Primer 1 , Primer 2
- UP Manila – Admissions , Primer
- UP Mindanao – Admissions , Primer
- UP Visayas (Iloilo or Tacloban) – Admissions , Primer
- UP Open University – Admissions , Primer 1 , Primer 2
- UP Pampanga (Diliman Extension) – Admissions
Important Dates for UP Cebu Incoming First Year Students 2019
|April 7 to April 14||First Confirmation for ALL successful applicants via the UP System Office of Admissions|
|May 6||Start of Second Confirmation for UP Cebu Qualifiers and Appeals to UP Cebu campus (See above)|
|May 6 to May 31||Second Confirmation for UP Cebu Qualifiers and Appeals to UP Cebu campus (See above)|
|May 31||Deadline of second confirmation and appeals for admission (See link)|
|May 6 to July 5||Medical and Dental Examination at the UP Cebu Clinic (See Note 1)|
|July 1 to July 5||Advance Registration for First Years (See Note 3)
Read ahead the Privacy Notice for Students (See Note 2)
|July 1, Mon||BS Biology (Window 1)
BA Psychology (Window 2)
|July 2, Tue||BS Computer Science A to M (Window 1)
BA Communication (Window 2)
|July 3, Wed||BS Computer Science N to Z (Window 1)
C Fine Arts/B Fine Arts (Window 2)
|July 4, Thu||BS Management (Window 1)
BS Mathematics (Window 2)
BA Political Science (Window 2)
|July 5, Fri||Free for all|
|July 29 to August 2||Regular registration for First Years unable to enroll during the advance registration|
|July 31||8:00AM – 12:00NN, TBA
· Orientation Program for Parents
|August 5||First Day of Classes
8:00AM, Library Building
· Giving out of School ID
9:00AM – 12:00NN, Performing Arts Hall
· University Orientation Program for First Year Students
start 1:30PM, in your respective colleges
· College Orientation for First Years
* Free Higher Education and RA 10931 (See Note 4)
Step 3. Advance Registration
NOTE 1. Medical and Dental examination
Submit yourself to the following laboratory examinations:
- a.) chest x-ray
- b.) CBC
- c.) urinalysis
You may go through the laboratory examinations at our affiliated laboratory. Secure a request form from the UP Cebu Clinic.
You may also have the laboratory examination in a laboratory of your choice. Bring the results to the UP Cebu Clinic where you will fill out a form that the UP Cebu physician will duly sign.
You will also need to undergo medical and dental examinations at the UP Cebu Clinic. Medical and dental examinations for students are scheduled on the indicated dates above every Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:30AM to 10:30AM only. For instructions, please email [email protected] or call the clinic at (032) 232 8187 local 113.
Cebu residents may go through the medical and dental examination before the designated dates. Those who have dental problems are advised to seek treatment from a dentist before visiting the school clinic.
Keep a photocopy of your laboratory results. You may not borrow them once you submit them to the UP Cebu Clinic. Place the original documents together with an ID picture inside a long brown envelope for submission.
After completing your medical and dental examinations, take your medical certificate for submission to the Office of the University Registrar.
NOTE 2. Data Privacy
Read here the full text of the Privacy Notice for Students of the University of the Philippines.
As part of the registration process, you will be asked to sign an assent form that you have read and understood the University of the Philippines’ Privacy Notice for students.
NOTE 3. Advance Registration
Advance registration takes place from Monday to Friday from 8:30AM to 11:00AM and from 1:30PM to 4:00PM.
Registration Step 1.
Having received your UPCAT Admission Notice, you should report during the advance registration period to the Office of the University Registrar at Room 102 of the UP Cebu Administration Building. Save and remember your Student Number (ID) and PIN that is found in your Admission Notice. Please bring your own pen.
Please prepare the following requirements stated below. Place them inside a long brown envelope and submit to Window 1 or Window 2.
- Printout of your UPCAT Admissions Notice (with your ID and PIN)
- Medical certificate from the UP Cebu Clinic bearing the signatures of the school’s physician and nurse.
- One recent, colored, passport picture with your name and signature at the back (do not submit a scanned picture).
- Original Official Secondary Permanent Records or Form 137 from Grade 7 to 12 bearing the signature of your principal, with school seal, and the remark: “Graduated and eligible for admission to college”.
Note: To secure your Form 137 from your school, print this Letter Request Form, fill it out, and give to your School Principal.
- Original and one photocopy of your High School Report Card or Form 138 bearing the signature of your principal and the remark: “Graduated and eligible for admission to college”.
- Original and one photocopy of your National Statistics Office (NSO) Birth Certificate (in case your name cannot be read on the certificate, please attach a copy issued by the Local Civil Registrar; if there is a difference between the name used on your report card and on your birth certificate, the name on the latter will be used). Submit a Notarized Affidavit of two disinterested persons in case of discrepancy of name.
- Original Certificate of Good Moral Character bearing the signature of your principal or guidance counselor.
- Accomplished Student Directory, with one recent, colored, passport photo attached.
- Talent Test result, if you applied for the Fine Arts Program. Click here for the schedule of the Talent Determination Test.
- Accomplished Voluntary Opt-out Form, if voluntarily opting out from the Free Higher Education privilege (See Note 4).
After submitting these requirements, you will then be issued your Admission Slip from the Office of the University Registrar.
Registration Step 2.
Confirm the accuracy and completeness of your personal data and information inside the Office of the University Registrar, and have your picture and signature taken for your school ID.
Registration Step 3.
Proceed to your corresponding College Secretary clerk, Window 3, to enlist for all your classes for the semester, including PE and NSTP.
A – For students who are eligible and opting to avail of the Free Higher Education privilege
You will then be issued your UP Form 5, stamped “REGISTERED”, which details your schedule of classes. You will be asked to sign your Form 5 certifying to the correctness of its information and to sign your assent to UP’s Privacy Notice for Students (See Note 2).
B – For students who are NOT eligible or are voluntarily opting out of the Free Higher Education privilege (See Note 4)
(You may secure a Voluntary Opt-out Form from the Office of the University Registrar or download it here, and fill it up accordingly.)
- Submit your duly signed Voluntary Opt-out Form, if applicable, and ask to be assessed.
- Pay at the Cashier’s Office and get your UP Form 5 eOR.
- Come back to Window 3 and have your UP Form 5 stamped “REGISTERED”. You will be asked to sign your Form 5 certifying to the correctness of its information and to sign your assent to UP’s Privacy Notice for Students (See Note 2).
Registration Step 4.
If you have a Scholarship, please report to the Office of Student Affairs (OSA), Room 204, 2nd floor of the Administration Building and look for Ms. Malou.
And, you are done with advance registration!
Your School ID will be given to you on the First Day of Classes, Monday, 2019 August 5, starting at 8:00AM, in the Library Building, before the start of your Orientation Program.
Safekeep your UP Form 5 for your personal record during your entire duration of college.
Documents submitted to the OUR cannot be borrowed at any time. See to it that you have copies of all the documents needed and if possible, have photocopies of all the documents for your file.
NOTE 4. Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education Act of 2017
UP Cebu shall implement Republic Act 10931 known as the Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education Act of 2017 and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) that was approved and signed on 22 February 2018.
Opting Out of Free Tuition
UP Cebu students may also voluntarily opt out from availing the Free Tuition privilege. Should this be the decision, after submitting a duly accomplished Voluntary Opt-out Form, the student will pay the full tuition and other fees, as his/her contribution to the University.
- College of Communication, Art, and Design
- Certificate in Fine Arts (Product Design)
- Certificate in Fine Arts (Studio Arts)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Product Design)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Studio Arts)
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication
- College of Science
- Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
- College of Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- School of Management
- Bachelor of Science in Management