Welcome to the University of the Philippines Cebu
Freshman Confirmation for Academic Year 2018-2019
To confirm your enrollment or non-enrollment in the University of the Philippines Cebu, please fill out the Reply Slip for UP Cebu UPCAT Qualifiers by clicking on the link. Please confirm on or before 30 May 2018.
- The link above is ONLY for UP Cebu UPCAT Qualifiers. Qualifiers from other UP units intending to enroll in UP Cebu will have to write a letter addressed to the UP Cebu Chancellor Liza D. Corro, through the Office of the University Registrar (OUR).
- Students who confirm their slot with the degree program as indicated in their Admission Notice may start submitting their requirements, including their UPCAT Admission Notice, to the Office of the University Registrar (OUR) even prior to the Advance Registration period.
- For qualifiers from other UP units and for non-qualifiers who have UPGs that are 2.8 or better, click here for guidelines.
- Requests for UPG will not be entertained.
Important Dates for UP Cebu Qualifiers 2018
|May 9 to May 30||Confirmation for qualified applicants to UP Cebu (See link above)|
|May 30||Deadline for appeals for admission (See link)|
|May 9 to July 6||Medical and Dental Examination at the UP Cebu Clinic (See Note 1)|
|July 9 to July 13||Advance Registration for First Years (See Note 2)|
|July 30||Regular registration for freshmen unable to enroll during the advance registration|
|August 7||Start of Classes and Orientation Program|
* Free Tuition and RA 10931 (See Note 3)
NOTE 1. Medical and Dental examination
Submit yourself to the following laboratory examinations:
- a.) chest x-ray
- b.) CBC
- c.) urinalysis
- d.) blood typing
You may go through the laboratory examinations at our affiliated laboratory. Secure a request form from the UP Cebu Clinic.
You may also have the laboratory examination in a laboratory of your choice. Bring the results to the UP Cebu Clinic where you will fill out a form that the UP Cebu physician will duly sign.
You will also need to undergo medical and dental examinations at the UP Cebu Clinic. Medical and dental examinations for students are scheduled on the indicated dates above every Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:30AM to 10:30AM only. For instructions, please email [email protected] or call the clinic at (032) 232 8187 local 113.
Cebu residents may go through the medical and dental examination before the designated dates. Those who have dental problems are advised to seek treatment from a dentist before visiting the school clinic.
Keep a photocopy of your laboratory results. You may not borrow them once you submit them to the UP Cebu Clinic. Place the original documents together with an ID picture inside a long brown envelope for submission.
After completing your medical and dental examinations, take your medical certificate for submission to the Office of the University Registrar.
NOTE 2. Advance Registration
Advance registration takes place from Monday to Friday from 8:30AM to 11:00AM and from 1:30PM to 4:00PM.
Having received your UPCAT Admission Notice or seen your name in the UPCAT list of successful examinees, you should report during the advance registration period to the Office of the University Registrar at Room 102 of the UP Cebu Administration Building. Copy and remember your Student Number and PIN that is found in your Admission Notice. Please bring your own pen.
Please prepare the following requirements stated below. Place them inside a long brown envelope and submit to Window 5.
- UPCAT admission notice or a computer print of your name and student number with an affidavit stating that you did not receive an admission notice.
- Medical certificate from the UP Cebu Clinic bearing the signatures of the school’s physician and nurse.
- One recent, colored, passport picture with your name and signature at the back (do not submit a scanned picture).
- Talent Test result, if you applied for the Fine Arts Program.
- Original and one photocopy of your High School Report Card or Form 138 bearing the signature of your principal and the remark: “Graduated and eligible for admission to college”.
- Original and one photocopy of your National Statistics Office (NSO) Birth Certificate (in case your name cannot be read on the certificate, please attach a copy issued by the Local Civil Registrar; if there is a difference between the name used on your report card and on your birth certificate, the name on the latter will be used). Submit a Notarized Affidavit of two disinterested persons in case of discrepancy of name.
- Two copies of your Certificate of Good Moral Character bearing the signature of your principal or guidance counselor.
- Accomplished Student Directory, with one recent, colored, passport photo attached.
- Accomplished Voluntary Opt-out Form, if voluntarily opting out from the Free Tuition privilege (See Note 3).
After submitting these requirements, you will then be issued your admission slip from the Office of the University Registrar.
Confirm the accuracy and completeness of your personal data and information at Window 4.
Proceed to your corresponding College Secretary clerk to enlist for all your classes.
If you are eligible and will avail of the Free Tuition privilege (See Note 3), you will then be issued your UP Form 5 stamped “REGISTERED”.
If you are not eligible or are voluntarily opting out of the Free Tuition privilege (See Note 3), pay at the Cashier’s Office and come back to your College Secretary clerk to have your UP Form 5 stamped “REGISTERED”.
- College of Communication, Art, and Design – Window 3
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Product Design)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Studio Arts)
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication
- College of Science – Window 2
- Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
- College of Social Sciences – Window 1.1
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- School of Management – Window 1
- Bachelor of Science in Management
Have your picture taken for your school ID at the ILC, 2nd floor of the Administration Building.
And, you are done with registration!
Safekeep your UP Form 5 for your personal record during your entire duration of college.
Documents submitted to the OUR cannot be borrowed at any time. See to it that you have copies of all the documents needed and if possible, have photocopies of all the documents for your file.
NOTE 3. Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education Act of 2017
UP Cebu shall implement Republic Act 10931 known as the Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education Act of 2017 and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) that was approved and signed on 22 February 2018. The IRR of the law that provides for free college tuition and miscellaneous fees also requires recipients of this privilege to render return service. Options and guidelines for return service will be announced before the start of the Advance Registration for First Years.
Opting Out of Free Tuition
UP Cebu students may also voluntarily opt out from availing the Free Tuition privilege. Should this be the decision, after submitting a duly accomplished Voluntary Opt-out Form, the student will pay the full tuition and other fees, as his/her contribution to the university. Voluntary Opt-out Forms are available at the Office of the University Registrar and the student’s respective Office of the College Secretary.